Job Grouping or Grouped Views, allows you to group similar information together using Quantity group codes or Rate group codes.
In Cubit Estimating Standard edition, one (1) group code can be assigned per Job and up to twenty (20) codes for Cubit Estimating Professional edition.
Assigning Group Codes
1. To assign grouping codes to a job, open the Job in Cubit Estimating, and select Edit Columns from the Configuration tab.
Fig 1. Edit Columns
2. From the list of Group Codes, tick the code list to be assigned to the job.
Note: The ability to add more than one (1) code list is only available in the Professional version of Cubit Estimating.
Fig 2. Codes List
3. The code column will then be added to the job. When you double-click in a cell in this column, it will list the codes for you to pick from.
Fig 3. Code Column
Assigning Codes for Jobs transferred from Global Estimating or Offsider Estimating to Cubit Estimating:
For Cubit Estimating jobs that have come from Global Estimating or Offsider Estimating, their codes need to be applied with the Q/Q2/R/R2 Constraint.
1. From the Grouping Codes window, tick the constraint boxes to apply Q/Q2/R/R2 Constraint accordingly.
Fig 4. Constraint
In the case where the codes do not meet the requirement, a warning like below is displayed.
Edit the codes to make sure the length of the codes adheres to the Rules.
Fig 5. Constraint Violation
2. Open the Global Estimating transferred Job in Cubit Estimating and select Edit Columns from the Data tab.
Fig 6. Edit Columns in the Job
3. In the Group mapping window, under ESW group mapping, use the drop-box to list the Constraint to select from.
Fig 7. ESW Group Mapping
4. The code column will then be added to the Job. When double-clicked it will list the codes for you to pick from.
Fig 8. Group Code with Constraint (Q/Q2/R/R2)
Un-Assigning Group Codes From a job
If needed, you can un-assign/remove the code column from the Edit Columns window at any time.
1. In Cubit Estimating click Edit Columns from the Configuration tab.
Fig 9. Edit Columns
2. Un-tick the code file to be removed from the Job. The following alert will be displayed
Fig 10. Unassign Codes