When starting Cubit Network Client device after running the software update, if you are given the message of Database version number is not the same as the application (X.000.00X.00), it means that the Cubit Server Database has not yet been updated.
We advise you run the Cubit Server Installers on the Cubit Server. However for any reason you do not have direct access to the Cubit Server, then You can update Cubit Server Database from your own computer as long as you have the necessary server connection details.
To Manually Update the Network Database:
1. Browse to C:\Program Files\Buildsoft\Cubit\ and run the Cubit Management.exe.
Note: The Cubit Management shortcut may also be on your desktop.
Fig 1. File Explorer
2. In case there is no connection already setup for the Cubit Server's Database, click Connec" to setup the connection.
Fig 2. Cubit Management Console
3. In the following Connect to Database window, Enter the Cubit Network Database connection details as below. Click OK when done.
Note: Please get in touch with your I.T department/Supervisor for the server information. The information entered is case sensitive.
Cubit Network Database connection details:
Server: [Server Name/IP Address]
User Name: buildsoftuser
Fig 3. Connect to Database
4. Click Upgrade button from the top Home Ribbon.
Fig 4. Upgrade
5. You will notice a list of available patches yet to be applied. Click Upgrade to apply those patches.
Fig 5. Upgrade Database
6. When the upgrade is complete, Restart Cubit.
Note: Cubit should start normally and allow you to connect to the Cubit Server. If you encounter any further issues please email our Support Team at: Support@buildsoft.com.au