Sometimes after a Software Update, you may encounter the error message saying Database version number is not the same as the application (X.000.00X.00), it usually means that something went wrong when running the installers and the database is not yet upgraded.
To manually update the database using the Cubit Estimating Management Console:
Setup connection to Database and Upgrade:
1. Start Cubit Estimating Management Console, from C:\Program Files\Buildsoft\Cubit Estimating\Cubit Management.exe for 64-bit Microsoft Operating System or C:\Program Files (x86)\Buildsoft\Cubit Estimating\Cubit Management.exe for 32-bit Microsoft Operating System.
Fig 1. Cubit Estimating Management Console
2. In Cubit Estimating Management Console if you notice that there is no connection, then click on Connect to set up a connection to the Cubit Estimating Database.
Fig 2. Setup Connection
3. In the following Connect to Database window, Enter the below Cubit Estimating Standalone Database connection details. Click OK when done.
Cubit Estimating Standalone Database connection details:
User Name: standaloneBuildsoftUser
Note: The connection details are case sensitive.
Fig 3. Connect to Database
4. Click the Upgrade button from the top Home Ribbon.
Fig 4. Upgrade
5. You will notice a list of available patches yet to be applied. Click Upgrade to apply these patches.
Fig 5. Upgrade Database
6. When the upgrade is complete, Restart Cubit Estimating.