A Cubit Floating License can be easily transferred between 1 or more devices in 2 possible ways as shown below.
1. "Release License on Exit" - With this settings turned ON on all Cubit devices, the license is released right away when Cubit window closed.
Note: Doing this way the license details may not have to entered every time Cubit is started.
2. "Deactivate License" - Deactivate license before another user activates Cubit.
Note: Doing this way the license details have to entered while registering/activating Cubit again.
Release License On Exit
Cubit has a "release licence when exiting" option on the General tab of the Cubit Options, when you close the software you will be able use the same licence on a different PC without having to deactivating the licence.
You can get to the Cubit options by either by clicking on the Cubit button on the Job Manager screen, or the Job button when working in a job, and then clicking the Cubit Options button.
Fig1. Cubit Options
To transfer the license in Cubit you need to follow the below steps on the current device:
1. On the Job Manager screen, click on the Cubit application button, and then Click "Deactivate Licence".
Note: If you receive the message "Deactivation was not successful, something may have gone wrong with the deactivation process. Normally if you wait for a minute or two and then try again, the process will succeed.
Fig3. Deactivate License
2. On the new device, Start Cubit
3. Enter all the details
4. Click "Next" to register and Activate Cubit
Fig4. Register License