Drawing shapes (Takeoff) for multiple line items at once saves a great amount of time. Instead having to draw the same shape over and over again for individual items such as the concrete slab, external timber walls or the external brickwork, you can select all of these items at once and draw one shape with various Results Types.
To measure multiple items at once:
1. Insert and Scale the Plan you want to do take off on.
2. Add New Items in the "Estimate" pane.
3. Make sure to set Result Types as needed for all the items to be measured.
4. Holding the "CTRL" key, click on all the individual estimate items you wish to take off at once.
Note: If you have more than one item next to each other, then you can select them by holding down the "SHIFT" key on your keyboard, and first click the top item and then click the bottom item in the group you wish to select.
5. When you have all the items selected, draw your shapes/takeoff on the plan.
Fig1. Takeoff Multiple Items
When you have completed the Shape, each item you had selected will now have a Quantity value. A Shape will be created with the various result type.
Fig2. Measured Quantity