If you have a job in CSV format that you wish to import into the Global / Offsider Estimating software then all you need to do is follow these steps:
1. Open your software
2. Click the Create button and enter a name to create a new job.
Fig 1. Create a New job
3. Select the New Job and open to the Job Summary level.
Fig 2. Job Summary level
4. Click Tool menu, select Exchange and then Import Estimate.
Fig 3. Import Estimate from Tools menu
5. Click Convert Comma Separated Text File.
Fig 4. Convert Comma Separated Text File
6. Click Browse and locate the CSV file to be imported and click OK.
7. The Define Columns window will appear. Change the Type column fields so that they match up with the job information on the Details column. EG Unit, Rate or Description.
Fig 5. Define Columns
8. Click the Convert button.
9. An alert will appear to check that the conversion is complete and correct. Click OK.
Fig 6. Alert to check conversion
Once the above is done, the job information will be imported into the job.