After using Global or Offsider Estimating for a prolonged period of time, you may experience your dongle becoming unresponsive. This could be caused by the Windows Power Settings shutting the dongle down.
To adjust your Windows power settings so this stops happening:
- Click the Windows Start Menu.
- Click Settings located above the Power button.
- Click System.
- Click Power & Sleep from the menu on left hand side of the window.
Fig.3 Power & Sleep
- Click Additional Power Settings.
Fig.4 Additional Power Settings
- Click Change Plan Settings next to the power plan you have selected.
Fig.5 Change Plan Settings
- Click Change Advanced Power Settings.
Fig.6 Advanced Power Settings
- In the new window that appears, find USB Settings and expand this line by clicking the + icon next to it.
Fig.7 Power Options
- Expand the USB selective suspend setting and change this to disabled.
- Click Apply then OK
You should no longer run into the issue of your dongle shutting off and will be able to open Global and Offsider as per normal.