If after awhile your dongle is no longer responding this is due to the windows power settings shutting down the dongle.
All you need to do is follow these simple steps:
1. Open up your Start Menu.
2. Open up the Control panel.
3. Select the "Power Options" from the listing.
4. A new window will load up, from this window select the blue link labelled "Change advanced power settings".
5. S smaller window will appear, scroll down the list until you find "USB Settings" expand this line by clicking the '+' icon next to it.
6. Expand the "USB selective suspend setting" and change this to 'disabled'.
7. Click 'Apply' then 'OK'
You should no longer run into the issue of your dongle shutting off and will be able to open the software as per normal.