A plug is an identified risk to a portion of a Quote.
You can use a plug if something seems inaccurate in a Quote. For example, the Rate for a single Item in a Quote is significantly higher or lower than that Rate in other Quotes for that Trade Package. Using the below example, we can see that the ABC company rate is more than double both our Estimated Rate, and Reinhardt’s Quoted Rate. We could mark this as a plug to assess the Item as a risk.
You can mark Items as Plugs from the Trade Package Comparison page.
Adding a Temp Plug
To add a Temp Plug:
- Select the Rate in your Quote you would like to mark as Temp.
- Click Temp from the ribbon.
Using Temp from the Trade Package Comparison page
- The colour of the Rate and Total will change to red
After a plug has been applied to your Quote, you will be able to see a total percentage of what has been plugged in your Trade Packages Summary page, the Review page and some Reports.
Plugs percentage for ABC company
Removing a Plug
- To remove a plug from a cell, first select the cell you wish to unplug.
- Click Supplier from the ribbon. This will remove your plug from that cell.
Using Supplier from the Trade Package Comparison page
- The colour of the Rate and Total will change to black.
Things to know about Plugs
- You can mark multiple Items in a Quote as a Temp Plug.
- Using Fill, will also create a Plug for any copied Items.
- The higher your plug percentage, the more risk in any particular Quote.