To Install Global / Offsider On A New PC
When you are adding a new machine to an existing Global Estimating or Offsider Estimating network, please try the following steps:
- Ensure that the Buildsoft Data drive is mapped to the same network drive on the machine as other Buildsoft network users.
- Ensure that all users are running the same version of Global\Offsider Estimating. To know what version of the software is installed, click Help from the menu and select About.
- Save the following files from an existing Global Network device:
1. Install and run the same version of Global\Offsider Estimating as another network user.
2. Delete all off.ini files (search for all in C:\ - VERY IMPORTANT!).
3. Copy the saved C:\Windows\off.ini and C:\Windows\digitizer.ini (if any) from another working computer and paste it into the new device's C:\Windows folder.
4. Edit the properties for both files so that the security tab has Modify access rights for the Everyone group.
Fig 1. Off.ini permissions
5. Copy the saved C:\Windows\syswow64\Bspecial.dll into the new device's C:\Windows\syswow64 (for 64 bit OS) or C:\Windows\system32 folder (for 32 bit OS).
Verify Setup On New PC
To confirm your software is pointing to the correct network data location, verify the following
1. Go to the C:\ESW folder
2. Click and run the file named bdecfg32.exe
Fig 2. bdecfg32.exe
3. The BDE Configuration Utility window will appear. Select Paradox from the list of Driver Name.
4. On the right-hand side will be a set of Parameters:. Click … against the Net DIR to browse to the network location where the Buildsoft data is stored and select the PDOXUSRS.NET file. Once selected click Open.
5. From the top toolbar, click File and select Save.
6. From the top toolbar, click File and select Close to exit the window.
Fig 3. BDE Configuration
Start your software
1. From the desktop, double click on the Global Estimating or Offsider Estimating icon to start.
2. All jobs should be listed correctly.