Restore is the name given to the function when information has been backed up either to the computer's hard drive, shared media such as a portable disk or a network drive and is later needed to be copied back to your hard drive of the computer. The restore process has two prerequisites, the first being that a backup of the files exists (the backup process is outside the scope of this document) and the second is that you have access to the backup file.
To Restore a file
To restore a deleted file.
- Start Global Estimating or Offsider Estimating.
- Click on the Restore button.
Fig 1. Restore icon
- Click on the Browse button to select the destination folder to restore from and click OK.
- Select the job you would like to restore by placing a tick in the box next to the jobname.
- Click on the Restore button
- You will be informed of the progress with a status box.
- Press OK when finished.