Below are some tips to follow when creating PDF Plans, which can be easily imported into Cubit.
What to Use
- Single straight/curved lines for elements you want to use for vector takeoff.
- Images for elements that aren't required for vector takeoff.
- Standard systems fonts (e.g. Times New Roman, Arial).
- Simple fill shapes which don't overlap each other (e.g. solid fill shapes).
- Standard image file compression formats.
What to avoid
- Pattern fill shapes (currently not supported).
- Non-standard fonts and Embedded fonts.
- Repeating complex patterns to represent an area (e.g. a dense randomised set of lines).
Fig 1. Complex Pattern