Fig 1. Sending zero quantities to Bartender
Fig 2. Receive from Bartender
Other scenarios in Bartender and Cubit that may cause an issue with totals are:
- If you select multiple items and enter an amount in the Picked Total column for these items and they have a zero quantity, non-zero rate
- If you have all zero quantities, non-zero rates under a heading and you type a total amount in the heading
- If you have all zero quantities, non-zero rates in a Trade and you Add quote, Edit Quote or type into Quote Total on the Quotes screen which will spread average into the Totals
- If you have all zero quantities, non-zero rates and choose Replace which will spread the average into the totals
Our development team is currently working on releasing a fixed version. We will send an update once this is made available.
What to do if you are affected:
We recommend the Bartender and Cubit totals are monitored closely if you send items with a zero quantity, non-zero rate to Bartender. Reviewing a Trade’s Picked Total in Bartender compared to the equivalent heading in the Estimate or Grouped View in Cubit will allow you to find which Trade has items which are not calculating correctly in Cubit.
Fig 3. Compare Totals
The following steps can resolve the issue if you do find items where the totals mismatch and the quantity is zero for some items:
1. Locate the zero quantity, non-zero rate items in your Estimate sheet, by reviewing the trade they belong to and reviewing all items with 0 quantity.
2. Change the quantity to 1.
3. Make note of the Picked Totals of those items in Bartender, as you will have to re-enter those values shortly.
4. Send the job back to Bartender.
5. Open Bartender and the faulting Trade Package.
6. Re-enter the Picked Totals for these items.
7. In Cubit, Receive from Bartender again.
Please do not hesitate to contact Buildsoft Support. Our development team is currently working on releasing a fixed version. We will send an update once this is made available.