If you encounter Windows 1603 Error or a PostgreSQL error during your new installation of Cubit Estimating, the steps outlined below may assist you with a successful install of the software.
- If you are not attempting a new install and you have existing Jobs in Cubit Estimating, please do not proceed with the steps below and contact MiTEK Cubit Estimating Support for further assistance.
Fig 1. 1603 Error
NOTE: The steps below will uninstall Cubit and remove any Cubit data in your system. Let Buildsoft Support know if you do not want your Cubit data removed.
Uninstall Cubit and Postgresql from your list of Windows programs
1. Access Add or remove programs
Fig 2. Add or remove programs
2. Locate Cubit and click Uninstall
Fig 3. Cubit Uninstall
3. Locate PostgreSQL and click Uninstall
Fig 4. PostgreSQL Uninstall
Remove the Postgresql\10 Subfolders
1. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Postgresql folder and remove the 10 subfolder
Fig 5. Delete PostgreSQL subfolders
2. In case you have installed the 32-bit installer file, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Postgresql folder and remove the 10 subfolder
Confirm permissions to the PostgreSQL folder
1. Navigate to C:\Program Files to correct PostgreSQL folder permissions.
2. Right-click the PostgreSQL folder, click the Properties button
3. Click the Security tab
4. Click Edit
5. Locate USERS from the list of Group or usernames and tick Full Control for Permissions for Users
Fig 6. Security permissions
6. Click Apply then OK
Remove Postgresql services
1. Open Windows Command Prompt, Run as administrator
Fig 7. Command Prompt
2. On the command prompt, type:
- sc delete postgresql-x64-10
3. Press Enter
Restart your device and re-install Cubit Estimating 64bit
- Re-install Cubit Estimating 64bit from your download folder
- Select Standalone license type when prompted
For more information regarding Installation, please refer to the Installation Guides:
Please sign in to leave a comment.