Buildsoft has released an update for the Cubit Estimating software.
For more details about this update, including download links, please visit our blog via the link below.
Auto-lock for Trades
You can now start working in Shared access mode and Cubit Estimating will automatically lock any relevant trades to your user account. This creates a more natural approach to your estimating workflow.
The following list shows some of the actions that will trigger the Autolock feature;
- Drawing or modifying a shape
- Creating or modifying a line item or heading
- Inserting from a Pricelist or Template
- Dropping a shape onto a line item from the Viewport
- Modifying a Calculation Sheet or Rate Sheet item
- Changing values in the details pane or shapes pane
- Adding a flag to an item
You will be prompted if a trade has been locked by another user.
You will still be required to manually unlock a trade when you have completed working.
You can also release all of your locked trades by exiting the job.
Additional Features & Improvements
- Performance improvements when opening the Job Manager
- A job list that takes 30 - 40 seconds to load in v10 and 60 - 80 seconds in v2022, now takes 20-22 seconds in v2022.1
- Note: the performance improvements of opening a job list can be affected by the database size and number of jobs
- Performance improvements when opening a job
- A job that takes 61 seconds to open in v10 and 78 seconds in v2022, now takes 13 seconds in v2022.1
- Note: the performance improvements of opening a job can be affected by the number and complexity of references in the job
- Performance improvements when refreshing a job
- A job that takes 49 seconds to refresh in v2022, now takes 8 seconds in v2022.1
- Note: the performance improvements of refreshing a job can be affected by the number and complexity of references in the job
- Improved tooltips for the following columns
- Excl from Tax
- F9 shortcut key now works within price lists
- Copyright Year changed to 2022 in Cubit Estimating information
- Updated web browser control for login to Xero
- Updated message box for out of date references in Dark Skin mode
- Automatically displays 2D plan revisions with reopening a revised job
- Improvements to icons in context menu
- Fixed an issue where an error would show when adding details to the Windows Library
- Fixed an issue when refreshing a job after another user has added or removed a point to/from a shape
- Fixed an issue where duplicate Ref Codes were created in shared access mode
- Fixed an issue where Cubit was unable to properly undo a deleted trade if it contains an item with a rate sheet
- Fixed issue with importing Excel/CSV into Job in shared access
- Fixed Error with importing Excel/CSV into Price List
- Resolved issue where refresh a job would return cursor selection to previous item
- Resolved issue when switching from shared to exclusive mode to rescale a plan. Scaling would result in an incorrect scale.
- Stopped creation of references to deleted shape results
- Fixed an issue where option heading configuration could be changed while another user had a trade locked
- Fixed an issue where the BuilderTrend export function creates Excel file that cannot be imported into BuilderTrend
- Resolved ability for a user to delete grouped views when another user has exclusive access
- Resolved error when undoing and redoing a deleted item
- "Refresh Job" icon no longer appears in ribbon for price list
- Fixed an issue where updated shape properties were not properly reflected in shared access mode.
- Resolved an issue in which upgraded licences were not reflecting upgraded feature sets.
- Fixed issue where Job total isn’t recalculated when the estimate is updated from excel
- Fixed an issue with pasting external references with relative referencing
- Cubit Estimating now prevents trades from expanding when a new item is added in collapsed view
- Fixed an issue where the Revision status column in the IFC Shapes Pane was not showing icons at high DPI
- Fixed an issue where importing Excel file containing blank columns and blank rows into a Job would create an Unhandled Exception
- Moving Price List Items within a Price List now performs the same as within a Job
- Fixed an issue when using 'Backspace' on keyboard to clear a flag would not delete the associated comment.
- Fixed an issue in which Trade summary charts were showing “Exclude from total” items