Buildsoft has released an important update for the Cubit Estimating software on Monday, 31st April 2018.
For more details about this update, including download links, please visit our blog via the link below.
Adjust Rate by Code
From Cubit Estimating Pro and higher, you can Adjust Rates by the Grouping Code that was used for them, making it easy to select Items from a Grouped View and update Coded Items within your Estimate.
● You can select Items from the Grouped View to prepopulate Codes to Adjust Rates.
● You can assign one of more Codes to adjust with or without a selection.
● Adjust Rates by a percentage or value or set an exact value.
New Estimate Controls
From the Item Sheet, you can easily collapse and expand your Trades. with new View buttons.
From the Item sheet, you can also add a Trade, a Heading and an Item directly into your Estimate without having to indent or change the row type.
● The new Estimate controls can be used in the Item sheet.
● There are new shortcuts for all the new Estimate Controls.
Job Manager Improvements
We’ve made it easier to Create Projects and Price Lists by moving those buttons from a drop-down menu to the Job Manager ribbon. We’ve also added Totals, so you can see the of a Job and you can also access a Tender group with additional fields and an Account Manager field for more data.
● You can see the Estimate, Adjustment, Subtotal, Tax, Total and Variations.
● New fields under the Job Group for Project Type and Status Reason.
● New Tender group which includes fields for Number, Start Date, Close Date, Contract, Win Chance and Approx Cost. This is only available in Cubit Estimating Pro and above.
● New Account Manager group with Name, Email and Phone fields. This is only available in Cubit Estimating Pro and above.
We’ve improved BOQ Reports.
● You can now select a different font for your BOQ Reports.
● You can now add a logo to your BOQ Reports.
● Added a new default option so when continued headings appear on the next page they will wrap within the Description column.
● You can now create a BOQ Report with a Trade without Items.
BIM Mapping Manager
We’ve improved some interactions when using the BIM Mapping Manager.
● We’ve improved when setting a BIM Object to a Result Type, that the rest of the Objectsunder the heading don’t automatically get picked.
● We’ve improved how you can clear a cell for a mapped Object.
Automatic Regional Settings
Cubit Estimating will automatically detect your system’s Measuring Unit, then apply a default of Metric or Imperial. Cubit Estimating will also detect whether you are using English or US English. These settings will not affect current customers. These settings are available in Cubit Estimating Options.
● Your Default dimensions will be set according to your measuring unit in Cubit Estimating.
Cubit Select Integration
From Cubit Estimating Pro and above, with a Cubit Select account you can now send a Job to Cubit Select and receive back new Picked Rates. You can also generate Cubit Select Comparison Reports to compare your Estimate to your new Picked Rates.
● You can Send a Job to, and Receive a Job from Cubit Select.
● You can launch Cubit Select in your Browser, if you Open Cubit Select from a Job you have sent, that Job will be opened automatically.
● By default, you will see Picked Rates from Cubit Select in your Estimate, these will be coloured teal. You can use Hide Picked, so your Job shows only your Estimate Rates.
● From the Details pane of a Picked Rate, you will see the Supplier name and Picked Date.
● Your Picked Rates will show in existing Reports unless you Hide Picked Rates.
● You can generate Cubit Select Reports, specifically a Comparison Report, a Comparison Summary and a Comparison Report with Quantities.
Additional Features & Improvements
● You can toggle Ortho on by using F8 within a Job.
● You can toggle Phantom on by using F7 within a Job.
● When drawing a Shape you can toggle Phantom Line on by using F9 within a Job.
● Improved error logging for licensing.
● Cubit Estimating now has a new Rounding Option Near to 0.1, which can be used in the Rate Sheet or Calculation Sheet.
● We’ve improved the performance of importing large Jobs into Cubit Estimating.
● We’ve improved the performance of updating Options configurations within a Job.
● By default, the licence option Release on exit will be unchecked for Terminal licences.
● You can now use Merge Jobs when one or more Jobs is using a BIM Plan.
● When adding Option Codes to a Job, your Estimate will maintain its position instead of collapsing Trades and Headings.
● Fixed an issue where an error message might display when replacing a Job with Job Import.
● Fixed an issue where Price List would not update correctly while inserting from Microsoft Excel.
● Fixed an issue where deleting a Plan containing Shape Results, and then using that Job to Update another Job, will cause Shape Results to be removed from the updated Job.
● Fixed an issue where inserting Windows or Doors on a Plan, and then using that Job to Update another Job, might display an error message.
● Fixed an issue where deleting a Shape and then using that Job to Update another Job, will delete the Shape in the updated Job.
● Fixed an issue where the Details pane of an Item with an associated Rate Sheet would display the Rate in black instead of blue.
● Fixed an issue where a Job exported to Microsoft Excel might not display without Quantities and Rates in other spreadsheet software.
● Fixed an issue where a Grouped Job, created with Accumulate Trade Quantities checked would not recalculate the Accumulated Trade Quantity if the Quantity was changed.
● Fixed an issue where exporting a Grouped View to Microsoft Excel would not calculate the Quantity * Factor column.
● Fixed issue in the Formula bar, where pasting text from an indented Item from an Item Sheet will display an error message.
● Fixed an issue where an error message might be displayed when reopening a Job after using Polyline to draw a Shape for Length by Centre.
● Fixed an issue where clearing the dimensions for an Item in the Calculation Sheet when using Space would Total 1.
● Fixed an issue where copying and pasting within the Item Sheet might expand Trades.
● Fixed an issue where changing the Result Type of an Item using a BIM Object would not update other places it is being referenced.
● Fixed an issue where sometimes setting a scale from another Plan might set an incorrect scale.
● Fixed an issue where Cubit Estimating would display an error message while updating a Job where Items with a Rate Sheet or Calculation Sheet were using a new Rate or Quantity inserting from Microsoft Excel.
● Fixed an issue where an error message was displayed while adding Rates to the Item Sheet by Inserting from Excel.
● Fixed an issue where copying and pasting an item with a manual GFA would not paste its Total.
● Fixed an issue where expanding one Trade would also expand another Trade if one of its Items was selected.
● Fixed an issue where References to BIM Shape Results were not updated, so if changes to the Shape Result are detected, these References will display 0.
● Fixed an issue where turning an Option on or off along with changing the Options filter (Empty or Disabled) would result in an incorrect Total value between the Estimate and its Grouped View.
● Fixed an issue where Count Results cannot be added from BIM files after closing and opening a Job.
● Fixed an issue where a Grouped Job would not include Builder, Company and Contact details from the Job it was grouped from.
● Fixed an issue where clicking on the eye icon of BIM Shape Results in the Calculation Sheet, would not highlight the corresponding Shape in the Viewport.
● Fixed an issue where assigning a Rate Code for more than one Rate Sheet Item at once, would display an error message.
● Fixed an issue where Job Update will not update the Labour Conversion values from the original Job.
● Fixed an issue where entering more than 20 characters in Unit from the Item Sheet will display an error message.
● Fixed an issue where merging two or more jobs might display an error message.
● Fixed an issue where inserting Windows or Doors in a Plan, and then using that Job to Update another Job, might display an error message.
● Fixed an issue where an error message might display when deleting Shapes, and then using that Job to Update another Job.
● Fixed an issue where clearing Result Type by using Backspace would display an error message.
● Fixed an issue where applying Rounding to Nearest would sometimes Round down.
● Fixed an issue where sometimes the Totals of an Item Sheet and its Grouped View would not be the same when the Rate Sheet is Rounded Up.
● Fixed an issue where deleting a SUM function that has the same source as its start and endpoint would display an error message.
● Fixed an issue where Plans could be moved to either to the top or the bottom of the Plans pane.
● Fixed an issue where using Undo after adding Count Results would sometimes display an error message.
If you are using Cubit Estimating with our legacy software, you will need to upgrade them. Please ensure you upgrade to the following:
● Global Estimating 2018 R2.
● Offsider Estimating 2018 R2.
"When adding Option Codes to a Job, your Estimate will maintain its position instead of collapsing Trades and Headings." >>> THIS ISSUE STILL PERSIST UP TO TODAY 31/10/2019
I have given this a quick test on my system, but the trades appear to collapse correctly when options are added to them both while working in the job, and after reopening the job.
However the trouble you are experiencing may related to the 'Expand Trades and Heading when opening a Job or Pricelist' option on the General tab of the Cubit Options screen.
If this is ticked it will automatically expand the trades.
I would recommend checking this option to make sure it is unticked, but if the problem persists after doing this, i would highly recommend opening a support ticket with us so that we can investigate further.
Article is closed for comments.