Buildsoft has released an update for the Cubit Estimating software on Monday 16th of November 2020.
For more details about this update, including download links, please visit our blog via the link below.
Read Only Job Access
From Cubit Estimating Pro, and above, you can now open a locked Job in a Read Only mode. So now
multiple users can now access the same Job, although only one user can edit a particular Job
at any one time.
Read Only Job
A Job opened as Read Only, will appear differently than a regular Job. The Home tab
in the ribbon has been replaced with a Read-Only tab, with fewer options and both
Plans tab and Configuration tab is unavailable in a Read Only Job.
We’ve improved BOQ Reporting by adding new row formatting controls, improved font
support and additional formatting settings.
BOQ Formatting Controls
From the Column Chooser, you can select the BOQ Format Controls column to show
in the Item sheet. You can select different options to provide a unique format for a
row. You can select No Bill Reference, Extended Description, Centre Align, and No
Blank Line After.
These new formatting controls will automatically be allocated when inserting or
importing a Job from Global Estimating.
Enhanced Font Support
In addition to the Default font (Courier New), from the BOQ Options, you can select
Calibri, Times New Roman, Arial, Verdana, and Century Gothic. These fonts are
supported with improved spacing.
When using any of the non-default fonts, a new Bill Reference will be generated,
although when using these new fonts the Bill References will be the same.
We’ve added new options to help with formatting for rows using Extra Over and No
We’ve added an option for Unindent all rows with No Bill Reference, another for
Underline Extra Over, and one for Indent Extra Over rows by 2 additional spaces.
We’ve updated the technologies we utilise in Cubit Estimating, specifically:
● Eyeshot (Upgrade to 2020)
● DevExpress (Upgrade to 20.1)
● IFCEngine.dll (Upgrade to 184.108.40.2069)
● PDF Kit 5 (Upgrade to v5.0.99)
● PDF Rasterizer (Upgrade to 3.0.184)
● Fixed an issue where unselecting Picked Rates in Cubit Select and then receiving the changes
into Cubit Estimating was clearing the references.
● Fixed an issue where receiving Picked Rates from Cubit Select was changing Estimate rate for
rates that are referenced.
● Fixed an issue where an importing a Job that was originally exported without including
Calculation sheet and Picked rates, and including its Rate sheet would have picked rates in
its Rate sheet instead of estimated rates.
● Fixed an issue where Picked rates where getting displayed on a Job imported as new which
was originally exported by unselecting Include Picked Rates and Include Calculation Sheet.
● Fixed an issue where deleting Shape results from the Shapes pane would not delete the data
● Fixed an issue where BIM files having IFCPhysicalComplexQuantities property would not get
inserted into Cubit Estimating.
● Fixed an issue where Move and Align tools would not work on Plans that were rotated.
● Fixed a rare issue where it would be possible to remove headings in Variation and Option
codes which would not let you open Cubit Estimating.
● Fixed an issue where reimporting or copying and pasting a Job containing plans with cross
references would display an error message.
● Fixed an issue where creating Job from Template would not update references created from
● Fixed an issue where importing Job that was exported without including its Calculation sheet
and Rate sheet would display an error message.
● Fixed an issue where you would not be able to connect to Xero.
● Fixed an issue where revising a BIM plan with additional material details might display an
● Fixed an issue where sometimes Exclude from Total would not be copied when Inserting
these Items from a Template.
● Fixed a rare issue where Rounding details for blank lines was set incorrectly for Global Job
imported into Cubit Estimating.
● Fixed an issue where a Price List item would not highlight while editing its Rate sheet.
● Fixed an issue where sometimes Openings were not displaying correctly in the Viewport
when viewed in 3D.
● Fixed an issue where transferring your Job to Global would not consider the status of its
● Fixed an issue where sometimes inserting a BIM model might display an error message if the
the origin point of the BIM file was far away from the model.
● Fixed an issue where revising a Plan would sometimes change its takeoff colour.
● Fixed an issue where selecting Trades from the Insert from Template window might make
the text invisible.
● Fixed an issue where editing a Shape from a Plan not open in the Viewport might display an
● Fixed an issue where clicking Constants in the New Task pane would display an error
● Fixed an issue where Grouped Views sometimes displayed incorrect line numbers.
● Fixed a rare issue where editing dimensions for a Window in the Details pane, would display
an error message.
● Fixed an issue where reference on Calculation sheet’s Subtotal would get removed from
row reference when reopening the job.
● Fixed an issue where deleting a Plan would not remove all associated Quantities for the Job.
● Fixed an issue where adjusting rates would clear manually entered Totals.
● Fixed an issue where opening a Job that has external references on Aggregate Quantity or
Aggregate Rate would display an error message.
● Fixed an issue where sometimes copying and pasting Items across different Calculation
sheets might not paste some information.
● Fixed an issue where you would not be able to edit rates of a Variation Item in a Job where
the Job Status is set to Won.
● Fixed an issue where Licence on exit was being reset when activating your Cubit Estimating
after activating online.
● Fixed an issue where Shapes were in black colour when viewed in 3D.
● Fixed an issue where updating Company details when importing your Job might display an
● Fixed an issue where the scrollbar did not work when previewing a BOQ Report.
● Fixed a rare issue where Cubit Estimating might only allow the image file to be used as a Revision
to imported Raster plans.
● Fixed an issue where renaming a Grouped View name from the Grouped View Manager
only worked after closing and reopening the Grouped View Manager.
● Fixed an issue where Create a Heading in the Item sheet might be disabled.
● Fixed an issue where upgrading Cubit Estimating sometimes failed when using Postgres 9.0.
● Fixed an issue where Phantom Line was enabled when using Single Line.
● Fixed a rare issue dragging a Shape from your Viewport to GFA might incorrectly enable the
● Fixed an issue where the shortcut Ctrl + 7 would not activate Ruler in your Viewport.
● There is a known issue where an incorrect rate might be displayed when you Export a Job
with References and Picked Rate inside a Rate Sheet after unselecting the Include
Calculation Sheet or Rate Sheet (that are included by default).
● There is a known issue where you can edit the Confirmed/Pending status for a BIM model in
Cubit Estimating 10.1 is compatible with:
● Global Estimating 2019
● Offsider Estimating 2019