When starting Cubit Estimating, if you receive the message "License Limit has been reached" this may be due to one of the following reasons:
Duplicate Process Running
If you have closed down Cubit Estimating and attempted to reopen the program but are greeted with this message, please do the following:
1. Press "Ctrl+Shift+Esc" on your keyboard to open "Task Manager".
2. Locate and select Cubit Estimating in the list and click "End task".
3. Click the down arrow beside "More details".
4. Look if there are any other Cubit Estimating entries. If there is, then select and click "End task".
Fig1.Task Manager Cubit Estimating process
3. Once you have confirmed that there are no other Cubit process is listed in Task Manager, restart Cubit.
Too Many Users Connected
This 'License Limit has been reached' message will be prompted when all of the available activations for your Cubit Estimating license is already used. This may happen if you have a floating license and it has not been deactivated or released successfully from other devices.
To ensure that the license is released when you exit Cubit Estimating 7 or later, please do the following:
1. From your Job Manager window, click "Cubit Estimating" then the "Options" button.
Fig2. Cubit Estimating Options
2. On the "General" tab, ensure that the option "Release license when exiting" is ticked and click "OK".
Fig3. Release license when exiting
This will allow easy transition of Cubit Estimating licenses (7 and later versions only) on devices sharing the same license.
Note: The above "Release license when exiting" is not applicable for Terminal license users.
Reference: Share Cubit Estimating Floating License