From Cubit Estimating you can send a job to Cubit Select to enter your Subcontractor rates for comparison. The job can be sent as a Grouped view sorted into Trade Packages or as a standard Estimate. The updated job with Picked Rates can be received back into Cubit Estimating, as long as you have one or more Items picked.
Sending a Job to Cubit Select
To send a Job:
1. Click Send from the Cubit Select group in the Home tab in the ribbon.
Fig 1. Sending a Job to Cubit Select
2. If you haven’t entered your Cubit Select login details already, you will be prompted to enter your Username and Password.
Fig 2. Login to Cubit Select
3. By default, the Name and Job Code of your Cubit Select Job will match Cubit Estimating, but you can change these.
If you have a Grouped Job, this will be selected by default. If you have created multiple Views, you can choose which one to use; you can also upload your Estimate directly.
Once you have picked a Group and created a Job in Cubit Select, you are not able to change it.
Fig 3. Creating a Cubit Select Job
Fig 4. Successfully sent Job
Receiving a Job from Cubit Select
To receive a Job:
1. Click Receive from the Cubit Select group in the Home tab in the ribbon.
Fig 5. Receiving a Job in Cubit Estimating
2. If your Job in Cubit Estimating has been changed after it was last sent to Cubit Select, you will be asked to Send your Estimate to Cubit Select.
Fig 6. Receiving a Job in Cubit Estimating
3. Before you receive a Job from Cubit Select, a Receive Cubit Select Job window will open.
You will see the Cubit Select Name, the Picked total, the Picked Difference; which is the difference between the current and previous received Cubit Select Job. You will also see the Total of the Estimate as in Cubit Estimating, and Last Received date and time. If this is the first time you are receiving your Job it will be marked as Not received.
Fig 7. Receiving a Job in Cubit Estimating
4. The Picked Rates received from Cubit Select will show in teal in the Rate or Total columns of the Estimate View and the Grouped View in Cubit Estimating.
Fig 8. Examples of Picked Rated in Cubit Estimating
5. You can hide your Picked Rates by clicking Hide Picked from the Cubit Select group in the Home tab in the ribbon.
Fig 9. Hiding a Picked Rate in Cubit Estimating
Cubit Estimating Warnings
Quantities are required for all Items when sending a Job to Cubit Select. If Item/s that do not have a quantity when you are sending your Job, you will be able to Set empty quantities to 1 or 0, or you can click Cancel to manually enter quantities into the Estimate.
Fig 10. Quantity Warning - Sending a Job to Cubit Select
If your Job in Cubit Estimating has been changed after it was last sent to Cubit Select, you will be asked to Re-send your Estimate to Cubit Select.
Fig 11. Change Warning - Receiving Picked Quotes to Cubit Estimating
This function ensures your Job in Cubit Select is updated with the latest information from your Cubit Estimating Job.
No Picked Rates Warning:
If you have not selected any Picked Rates in your Cubit Select Job and you are wanting to receive your Picked Quotes to Cubit Estimating you will be prompted that no Items have been picked.
Fig 12. No Picked Rates Warning - Receiving Picked Quotes to Cubit Estimating
You need to have at least 1 Item picked in order to receive Picked Quotes to Cubit Estimating
If you have already sent your Job to Cubit Select and then change your Cubit Estimating Job to re-send it through to Cubit Select, it will provide you with notification showing the Total Difference.
Fig 13. Update Warning - Update Cubit Select Job
Please sign in to leave a comment.