Sometimes, when installing Global/Offsider Estimating software, you might get a message stating Error #70 Permission denied. This error indicates that the software is unable to update the database settings.
Fig.1 Error 70
To correct this, you will manually need to update the database settings after the install is complete, by following these steps:
1. Browse into the C:\ESW folder using the File Explorer.
Fig.2 C:\ESW Folder
2. Run the file named bdecfg32.exe.
3. A new window will pop up. Select Paradox from the left-hand side of the new window.
4. On the right-hand side will be a set of parameters. The first line should read NETDIR as seen in Fig.4
When you click this line, a small button with three dots will appear at the end of the line. Click the button and then browse to the location where the Buildsoft data is stored and select the PDOXUSRS.NET file.
Fig.5 PDOXUSRS.NET file
5. Once selected click Open.
6. Click on the File menu and select Save.
Fig.6 File Menu
Once you have done this the software will start normally.
Please sign in to leave a comment.