If you get a message when starting Global\Offsider Estimating that says DBI Error- Path Not Found, then it is likely ESW does not have the permissions to write to the C:\ESW folder.
Fig.1 DBI Error
To resolve this, you will need to update the permissions on the C:\ESW folder so that users have Read/Write access.
To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Click the File Explorer icon on the Windows Taskbar.
Fig.2 Windows Taskbar
2. Select Local Disk (C:\) from the Quick Access bar on the left hand side of the window.
Fig.3 Quick Access Menu
3. Right-click the ESW folder in the list of folders.
Fig.4 ESW Folder
4. Select Properties.
Fig.5 Pop Up Menu
5. Click Security.
Fig.6 Properties Window
6. Click Edit under Group or user names.
7. Select Users from Group or user names.
8. Tick Allow next to Full Control.
9. Click OK.
This will have updated the permissions on the folder, and the problem should no longer occur.
If you continue to have problems, then it is recommended that you contact the support team, via email or phone, and we will help you resolve this issue.
Click SupportTicket to create a Support ticket.